Canadian Personal Finance Blogs
- Million Dollar Journey: This blog for me was the OG of personal finance in Canada. I'm been a fan for over 9 years and learnt so much from watching this "ordinary" person navigate the Canadian system to a million dollars networth. Bonus points that he's an engineer like moi.
- Tawcan: Another Canadian personal finance blog that I've followed for the last couple of years. I like the lifestyle view especially as the author is also a visible minority with parallel cultural values and experiences.
- My Own Advisor: A great blog to raise some challenging and insightful financial plans
- GenY Money: I started following this blog thinking I was a gen Y baby, alas I had my alphabets mixed up. Gen X kid here aka amorphous! I still love the female angle to personal finance and really relate to a lot of the content especially the dividend updates.
- A big shout-out to this monster list of women in the financial independence movement.
- Ratehub: For a quick overview of interest rates across financial institutions in Canada
- Get Smarter About Money: An unbiased advisory website by the Ontario Securities Commission
- Websites of the big banks and insurers contain a wealth (haha that's a pun) of information
- Taxtips and Turbo Tax for answers to some of the more basic tax questions
Books That Influenced My Financial Life and Plans
- Your Money or your life. Change how you look at a life time of earning and spending
- One Up on Wall Street. Simplify your stock market choices
- The Wealthy Barber Returns. Written by a Canadian for Canadians
- The Millionaire Next Door. Lifestyle choices that millionaires make and what you can learn
- Rich Dad Poor Dad. Rethinking adversity to leverage
- Tough Times Never Last but Tough People Do. Read this as a teenager and it totally shaped how I followed my dreams and believed things that seemed unachievable were actually possible.